Ansible has gained popularity in recent times for network automation as well as server automation. Network engineers are beginning to use ansible to automate regular network tasks and increase the efficiency. This specific workshop introduces the Ansible concepts along with related YAML, JSON and Jinja2 templates. Many terminologies and constructs will be discussed during the course. Hands-on exercises will be performed on a complex enterprise network topology to model the existing router and switch configurations, generate templates and use ansible to automate the configurations. Finally, we also cover the server automation to deploy apache web server and mysql database using ansible. This will help to understand how the same concepts learnt for network automation can be re-used for server automation as well.
- Prior knowledge of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP
- Technical Leaders/Managers
- Software Engineers (Dev/Test)
- Network Support Engineers
- Technical Marketing Engineers
- Network Administrators/Engineers
- Sales/Systems Engineers
Information on Hands-on Labs
Participants need to have the below requirements to be able to do hands-on exercises.
- Modern Laptop computer (Windows or Mac or Linux)
- Internet Access to Lab setup on Cloud
- SSH connectivity to Lab VM
- Cisco VIRL will be used to simulate Cisco routers and switches on Cloud