An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our SDCloud Platform Engineering Team as a hands-on Development Team Leader, leading a team of highly skilled developers and delivering complex internal system development of SDCloud Platform across a variety of technologies.
As an experienced Development Team Leader, whilst being highly technical and hands-on capable, you will lead development projects across predominantly MVC based technologies such as Cake , Django Managing the successful delivery of projects will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full delivery Lifecycle. This will include working closely with the Platform Owner and CTO to understand the requirements and get them integrated with SDCloud Platform.
In addition to the above, this role also requires you to own the DevOps for the Platform which includes working with CI/CD systems, Monitoring and ensuring platform uptime
Your technical background and experience will ensure you can offer the support and guidance required being able to support and assist developers at code level.
This role offers challenges across a wide variety of projects and responsibilities, including the opportunity to influence the future direction of the department and systems used across the business and work in a lean startup environment.
- Managing the delivery of various components of SDCloud Platform from design through to release
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with Platform Owner to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
- Familiar with the Agile / Dev Ops concepts and should have worked and implemented projects in agile framework.
- Regularly assess team effectiveness and progress to ensure timely completion of Features
- Be able to write code and implement features as and when required
- Act as a Gate for Quality for all the features released or bugs fixed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in SDLC and working in Agile Mode of development
- Experience in coding with MVC stacks such as Cake PHP, Python Django
- Good knowledge on Linux Architecture and Systems
- Knowledge on DevOps Tools and methodologies ( git, jenkins, shell etc)
- Experience in developing SaaS platforms
- Ability to work autonomously without the presence of a lead or mentor.
- Ability to help the teams break problems down into manageable / solvable chunks.
- Working Knowledge of Dockers, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience in using and Operating AWS
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging , deployment and documentation.
Location: Bangalore, India