Criterion ONF Certified SDN Associate Workshop is a two day program that is designed for professionals who would like to acquire core SDN knowledge and skillsets needed to achieve ONF Certified SDN Associate certification and to start focusing on projects and initiatives in the SDN domain.
Complimentary ONF Certified SDN Associate Certification Exam voucher will be included in the program.
Software-Defined Networking (SDN) is an emerging network architecture that is dynamic, manageable, cost-effective, and adaptable, making it ideal for the high-bandwidth, dynamic nature of today’s applications. The SDN movement is turning the networking industry upside down in a tectonic shift of value from hardware to software. This represents the biggest change in networking in a generation and will ultimately benefit everyone who operates a network or uses one.
Traditional network design and protocols had worked so far to cater to the needs of yesterday’s demands. There is a huge rise in networking requirements today in cloud operations, big data, on demand provisioning of resources, mechanism to quickly introduce new revenue generating services. Tradional network design cannot scale to meet this new and ever growing requirements due to the static and complexity nature associated with it and manual intervention at multiple places.
Network administrators relied on earlier toolset like learning traditional network protocols, box level view, CLI based configuration and debugging mechanisms to operate the network. Given that industry is moving fast towards Software-Defined Networking (SDN) paradigm, new skill sets are required for engineers, operators, developers and other practitioners to learn and upgrade themselves to be more relevant and be part of the value chain in the new SDN world.
This introductory SDN workshop is intended for all networking and IT professionals who are interested to learn core SDN related skills and achieve ONF Certified SDN Associate certification.
Attendees are expected to have thorough knowledge of networking fundamentals, Layer 2/3, Layer 4-7 Services.
By taking this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand SDN concepts and the case for SDN architecture as put forth by the ONF
- Gain detailed understanding OpenFlow protocol along with operational knowledge.
- Discuss SDN use cases and migration strategies
- Learn about SDN Ecosystem and the related open source software initiatives
- Gain Hands-on experience in understanding SDN using SDN Lab
Information on Hands-on Labs:
Participants need to have the below requirements to be able to do hands-on exercises.
- Modern Laptop Computer (Windows, Linux or Mac) with > 4GB RAM.
- Install free Virtualization Software (available on all platforms)
- Further details about other installations will be shared upon confirmed booking or registration for the workshop.