Criterion Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) workshop provides insights into the motivation for SDN by highlighting current business challenges, discussing Network and SDDC Fundamentals, and providing detailed coverage of SDDC management and control components, network virtualization and related open-source technologies, virtual network service functions and applications, as well as on-demand provisioning and monitoring topics. The program also provides a good overview on the SDN ecosystem, with discussions on OpenStack, OpenDaylight, NFV, and Network Virtualization (NV), and includes case studies and hands-on exercises for a better understanding of relevant concepts.
By taking this workshop, participants will have clearer understanding of the following topics:
- Current Business Problems & Network Fundamentals.
- Overview of Software Defined Data Centers.
- Introduction to vSphere and Network virtualization.
- Open Source and DevOps Technologies Overview.
- Logical Layer2 Switches (Overlay Network concepts).
- Logical Layer3 Routers, e.g. DLR or DVR concepts.
- Layer2 Bridging.
- Firewall and Security Services.
- Integration of Third-party solution with Virtual Networks.
- Operations and Monitoring Tools.
- Infrastructure Provisioning Automation.
Duration & Modality
- 3-Day, Instructor Led, face-to-face
- Lecture, demo, case studies, discussions, hands-on exercises
- Technical Marketing Engineers.
- Technical Leaders/Managers.
- Network Administrators/Engineers.
- Network Support Engineers.
- Software Engineers (Dev/Test).
- Sales/Systems Engineers.
- System Administrators/ IT Engineers.
- Computing, Storage, Networking Basics
- Virtualization Knowledge
Information on Hands-on Labs
Participants need to have the following for the hands-on exercises.
- Laptop (Windows, Linux or Mac) with > 4GB RAM and virtualization software (freely available on all platforms)
- Further details about other installations will be shared upon confirmed booking or registration for the workshop